About the Sirdar Jewelspun Textured Blanket Knitting Kit
Sirdar Jewelspun Aran is the ideal yarn for this knitted blanket kit. The beautiful Jewelspun colour changing wool means you have no ends to sew in as you create this beautiful autumnal colourway!
The pattern for this textured blanket knitting kit uses a combination of moss stitch, stocking stitch and garter stitch throughout, with garter stitch to keep the edges flat.
The Sirdar Jewelspun textured blanket knitting kit is available in 2 sizes: small and medium. Small should measure 93cm x 113cm when finished. Medium should measure 120cm x 130cm when finished.
What are circular knitting needles?
The Sirdar Jewelspun textured blanket knitting kit pattern uses circular knitting needles. If you've never used circular knitting needles before: don't panic! They are not difficult to use.
Circular knitting needles can be used to knit something circular OR in this case they can be used to knit something that is flat and very wide. Specifically, too wide to fit on straight needles.
Holding the short needles may take some getting used to but soon you'll enjoy not having to scrunch all your stitches onto a not-long-enough straight needle!
Skill level for this knitting kit
- Confident beginner
Blanket knitting kit contents
- Small knitting kit: 2 balls of Sirdar Jewelspun 200g (500m/546yds) 100% acrylic (machine washable)
- Medium knitting kit: 3 balls of Sirdar Jewelspun 200g (500m/546yds) 100% acrylic (machine washable)
- Colour printed knitting pattern
Tools you will need for this knitting kit
- 5mm needles preferably circular either 80cm or 100cm long, they can be bought thought this link
- Darning needle for your ends